Members of the KSIA pledge to deal with their customers honestly, serve them diligently, and maintain high standards of professionalism.
They will comply with the technical standards stipulated by the KSIA for products and services, and will operate their companies in accordance with the law, and with due regard to the welfare of their staff, society and the environment.
All KSIA members sign pledge to this Charter as a condition of membership. This pledge is a declaration of intent, and does not assume any legal status beyond the provisions of the KSIA rules governing operations and memberships.
Above all, this Charter seeks to ensure that customers of KSIA members receive:
• fair treatment and sincere advice.
• due diligence in the design supply, operation and maintenance of products and services.
• clear description of the capability and limits of any product or service.
• prompt and full hearing of any grievances.
• an independent and expert assessment of the merits of their case.
KSIA will produce and supply to members a registered KSIA Seal design, I material sand sizes to be determined by the Council.
The KSIA Seal will be a symbol o business integrity and conduct, applicable to the corporate identity of the member company, and will indicate that the products and services supplied by the company comply in specifications with the KSIA’s technical standards. It is neither intended nr allowed as a specific product standard.
Members will be entitled (and encouraged) to display the KSIA Seat at their premises, on their corporate documentation, on their advertising materials and in any other permanent or temporary site where their registered company title appears, at all times white they remain approved and fully paid-up members of the KSIA.
The KSIA Quality Seal remains, materially and at all times, the property of the KSIA.
Member companies guarantee that if they cease to be members o the KSIA, for any reason whatsoever, they will co-operate fully in the immediate removal of any and all KSIA seal identification from their premises, documentation, advertising material and any other location in which they have caused it to be placed, and will in no manner nor under any circumstances cause customers to believe that they are still members of the KSIA or entitled to carry the KSIA Seal.
KSIA members accept that the customer has a right to expect:
• Sound advice as to his product or service purchase op0tions that puts the customer’s best interests above the convenience or sales imperatives of the company.
• Full and fair representation of the proficiency of personnel and quality of equipment that he is paying for.
• All reasonable diligence in the performance of personnel, and absolute respect for the customer’s property.
• That the personnel are well qualified and equipment is well designed to fulfill their intended purpose, effectively and reliably.
• That systems are in place to monitor and maintain the performance of equipment and personnel at an effective level.
• That in the event of failure of equipment or personnel, back up systems will promptly rectify or replace the defective element.
• A full explanation for any time, cost performance or materials standard with which the customer is not satisfied.
• That the company will not offer any service which it is not able to provide to a good standard, and will not sell a product which it is not committed and able to expertly install and support throughout its normal service life.
• That the company exercises a responsible policy in matters of human safety, social conduct, and the environment.
The KSIA will operate a system for assessing the merits of any customer – company dispute, and will give hearing and submit its findings to both parties.
The findings of such investigations shall be considered opinion, based on available evidence and time/resources for investigations, of professionals committed to the principles and objectives of this charter.
The findings will not constitute blame nor exoneration of either party beyond this status, and will not in any way usurp the individual rights or liabilities in law of either party.
The findings are intended to give both parties an independent, informed and fair-minded assessment of the dispute at hand.
Any aggrieved customer will be obliged first t address his grievance to the member company itself.
If and only when, a customer has failed to secure satisfaction from the company’s formal channels of complaint, the customer will be entitled to submit a grievance to KSIA. The customer may be an individual or a company, including a KSIA member company.
Such grievances (whether of a technical or other nature) will be heard by the KSIA Tribunal, which will be the Technical Committee unless otherwise specified by the KSIA Council.
• The hearing and findings report of the Tribunal will be conducted free of charge to either party.
• The KSIA Tribunal will at the earliest opportunity, give notice and hearing to both parties, and will have reasonable access to all general materials and documents pertinent to the dispute.
• The Tribunal will submit its findings equally to all parties to the dispute and to the Council for information.
The content and form of the findings shall be absolutely at the discretion of the Tribunal. Any subsequent action or recommendation shall be absolutely at the discretion of the Council, as empowered under the KSIA Constitution and Rules.